5 Ways to Boost the Romance
Keeping the spark alive can be difficult in marriage when you have been married for so long and then to add on top of that you both are crazy busy, with school, work, the children, church or community responsibilities and everything else that life throws at you. Sometimes you throw your marriage in the backseat! I know for us that’s how it feels like sometimes when my husband is hardly home. So today I just wanted to share a few things to keep the fire burning even when you have a billion things going on.
- Schedule Date Night/Hour – This is a must you need alone time together without the kids if you don’t have a whole night squeeze in an hour. We have also made it more of an effort to schedule it in before the week has started so that we don’t let it be the last thing on our mind to do. So grab a calendar and pencil in your date nights before something comes in and fills up your week without even realising it. Also make your date nights simple and not overly complicated and neither of you want to plan it out. For us we just spend an hour walking around the block, or we just grab and ice-cream to talk about our week. This makes it easy to fit in the budget and not overwhelming it will put you off.
- Overnight Getaway – My husband have made it a goal to do this 4 times a year where we can just go away for a night and not be woken up in the morning by our toddler. Decide what is feasible for you and your family. This is another thing you need to pencil into your yearly calendar. If you haven’t noticed I love planning and scheduling therefore finding a time together with your spouse to plan is essential for your marriage if you do it for your finances or at work why not for your love life? Plus the bonus part about knowing your overnight getaways you can split it up and each of you can take turns deciding where you want to go and what you want to do. Plus you can also find some really good deals ahead of time and find reliable babysitters for the little ones.
- Sexual Intimacy – Yeah we all get tired at the end of the day and this may seem like the last thing on our minds so make and effort to squeeze it in anytime during the day even if its only a little quickie. This relieves stresses and help you bond for a few minutes together if nothing else.
- Send extra love through the day – An extra thank you note in his lunch box, email or phone can do immense things for each other during the day. Just letting them know you love them in a different way can make all the difference in a horrible hard day.
- Kiss and Hug Often – Just kissing more can change lots find any opportunity to randomly kiss or hug him or a simple touch can help the other spouse feel loved, and supported.
What are ways you and your spouse have tried to increase the romance in your marriage? Would love to hear your thoughts. If you have more questions on increasing romance or improving your marriage relationship I would love to hear from you. Email me at email@example.com or book a discovery call today!