I have had so many wonderful mentors in my life that have guided and directed me in different aspects of my life. But as I have left my childhood, I am now in search of mentors in my areas of interest and career. If you talk to any successful person they are bound to have had someone guide them on their journey, or they were following in somebody else’s footsteps. The benefits of a mentor are countless, but today I would like to highlight a few reasons why you should have your own mentor, especially if you are looking towards achieving something that they have already accomplished.
1. Insight and Vision: Having a mentor will help you develop a clearer vision of where you want to go and how to get there. A mentor will also help you stretch your vision and give you new perspectives on things.
2. Experience: Because they have been on this journey already they can give you guidance and direction. They have a wealth of experience that can help you avoid falling into the holes that they fell in.
3. Contacts: Mentors generally know and have lots of points of contacts of people in the industry. They already have their go to people and are established. Therefore by just getting their points of contacts that can save you a lot of time, effort and resources.
4. Team: Being an entrepreneur can be a lonesome journey. Therefore a mentor is like a business partner that you need to help you bounce ideas off. This is extremely useful if you are head of your organization or CEO with no one else to talk to.
Mentors are there so you don’t have to reinvent the wheel. They already have the roadmap to success so all you need to do is get your hands on the roadmap!!! There are also many programs out there willing to help you find mentors. Strongbrook Mentoring Community have an awesome network of mentors that can help you. You can also download their free app at www.AnotherSuccessStory.com. It pretty much is the “netflix” for personal development. You can find content on wealth, health, business, personal growth, real estate and more. To download the app you need an invitation code which can only be found on their website.
There is also the opportunity to create a wealth roadmap using traditional assets, such as real estate, for every level of investor and income earner. This roadmap is a plan developed for each individual that you control, to reach your own personal wealth goals..
Have you had your own experience with mentors? Have you mentored others? What have you benefited from mentoring or being mentored? Comment below your thoughts and impressions.
***INNER BEAUTY SERIES***
This is a beautiful quote, I love that Kindness is referred to as Wisdom. Because wisdom is much deeper than just knowledge itself. Once we get past the knowing stage and actually pass through to actually attain understanding we will begin to see that no matter how much wisdom and knowledge you may have, being kind to yourself and others around you will trump it all. Wisdom gives you the understanding that Kindness will help you into heart of all those around you. Wisdom will allow you to see that kindness will break down negative and stubborn barriers. Kindness is wisdom in its purest form.
HumanKind – Be kind to other Humans!
I love the verse in the Book of Mormon
We are agents unto ourselves. We are here to act and not be acted upon.
Heavenly Father has given us a purpose in this life to be a part of His work and build his Kingdom here on earth. But we all have our own parts to play in this great work. Do you know where you fit in? Do you know what part you play into His amazing plan? Have you taken the time to ask Him these questions? Have you taken the time to listen to what He is communicating to you?
Once you come to the realization of what your purpose and role is, your vision starts to unfold naturally. Creating a vision of our entire life enables us to develop motivation, drive and purpose in the everyday things we do. When you create your vision you are consciously choosing to act for yourself and not to just flow to and fro with whatever comes your way. If you don’t create your vision the reality is you will be allowing other people and circumstances to direct your life. Whether you are creating a vision for your family or business the same principals apply.
Life is too short to be doing nothing or just going with the flo. Start today on living each day with purpose!
Questions to consider
Creating your vision doesn’t just happen instantly. For me it was here a little there a little until all the little pieces started to make sense. Even today I feel that I get more pieces as I have accomplished what I have received. I personally feel that God gives us enough to work on and then will give more once we have done that. To get started on your purpose and vision here are some questions to consider…
- What are my 5 most important values that I hold dear?
- What legacy do you want to leave behind?
- If you did not have any fear of people or failure what would you do?
- What would you do if you didn’t get paid?
- What are your natural talents?
- What experiences do you get the most joy from?
- Describe or draw your ideal life? 5, 10 20 years from now
I love visualizing my vision and each day manifesting it so that it comes true and I live it each day. My vision helps me align my actions every day so that I am living with purpose. When you create your vision, seek for clarity. Getting clear on what you want helps you achieve those lofty visions. Just saying “I want to be an entrepreneur” can only get you so far, it may just help you start thinking about different business ideas. But saying I am an creative entrepreneur promoting other creatives such as artists, musicians dancers to get more exposure. This vision clearly defines where you are heading. You will achieve better results with a clear vision. It is better to put all your eggs in one basket when it comes to your vision otherwise holding too many baskets with eggs will result in scrambled eggs.
Continuously go back to the source of all knowledge to help guide you through your journey of finding your purpose. He will direct and guide you so you know what it is you need to do to help you live a purpose driven life.
Here is an example.
Purpose: To serve and inspire
Mission: To create, share and provide tools for women who want to live a fulfilling and purpose driven life.
Vision: A world where women who live by faith, know their purpose are serving and are living life purposefully.
Blaming others take time and energy away from improving yourself
You are the Problem and you are the Solution! – Yes it’s the greatest advice that nobody wants to hear especially when they are feeling at an all time low!
I have a friend that came to me with some of his problems. He said that his boss at work was ungrateful for his long hours, his colleagues didn’t appreciate the help he gave them, he said that his parents were going crazy, and girls he was dating just didn’t know what they want and weren’t committed. In every situation he explained the problem always seemed to lay somewhere else. It was never his fault and it couldn’t be his fault.
If we keep looking to find people and circumstances to blame, we will never find lasting happiness. WHY you say, it’s because we will be continuously relying on other people for our happiness. We are human and therefore have endless amount of imperfections. So of course there will always be something wrong with those around us. But unfortunately we do not have any control of other people and what they do. They only thing we have control over is ourselves what we choose to annoy us.
I want to share my own personal experience growing up. In my home we weren’t very good at saying please and thank you, I got annoyed and frustrated when I did something for my family members and I never heard a thank you as if my good deed was an expectation. While in this frustration, a light bulb moment when I realized that I myself wasn’t saying thank you either. Once I recognized this I made a conscious effort to ensure I said thank you. After a little while I noticed that this had a domino effect and my siblings were saying thank you as well.
We can’t change people as much as we would love to and it’s not our job! If you are going through circumstances where everything seems to be going south. Do this exercise. Stop and reflect for a moment, ask yourself what am I doing to better this situation? Am I just expecting them to change and I me not do anything? Is there anything that we can do together? Before you jump down somebody’s throat and point the finger lets just first evaluate our actions… and then take it from there.
Ghandi couldn’t have said it any better
“Be the change you want to see in the world.
This wonderful girl is an awesome example of not letting people ruin her life!!! She bought tears to my eyes!!! Her story is awesome and we can all take something away from this!!!
Be amazing! Be the best you!!!
*** Featured Blogger***
Blogging is such an awesome way to get your thoughts out there. Whether people read your stuff or not, just writing is so therapeutic and gives your own way to express yourself. While some people like to sing, play music, paint, read a book, I enjoy writing, talking and sharing my thoughts with people. My head is full of way too many thoughts I need to just get it out on paper so my head doesn’t burst, therefore blogging provides a perfect medium. Seeing my husband is usually busy with work and school blogging is what I have turned to.
Lots of people before me have done the same, and turned to blogging as a form of helping them express and be themselves. We all need to start somewhere, and the beginning is the perfect place. Whether you are still contemplating on doing a blog in your mind or fear is holding you back just get over it. I would just recommend you to get started!!! You can write a few posts and not share it with anyone. It can be just for you for however long until you have the courage to share it with one person then more and more as you gain more confidence.
- Overcome fear of people– Why are we letting other people determine our lives? Why are we allowing them to determine our destiny? We need to take control and responsibility for ourselves.
- Start Writing– Write for yourself. Be real, be true be you! Whether you use WordPress or blogger or any other format just get writing.
- Share your stuff– Share with your friends? Share it with those you care about? Then share it with whomever you desire… There is someone out there that is bound to be grateful for what you have shared. Sharing is caring right!!!
- Monetize – Eventually if you stick through with it, you can eventually get paid. There are so many ways to make extra money with blogging some bloggers make up to 6 figures. Megan from caffinatedmomspeakshas written some great ways to make money while blogging. Check her blog out, she is an awesome example of overcoming trials in her life to get where she is.
So what stage are you at? Where do you want to get to? Let us know some of your thoughts and ideas on blogging and blogs. Comment or share if you found this useful!
Yes we probably spend way too much time on YouTube than we really need to.. But it’s addicting entertainment it’s hard not to just move from one video to the next and before we know it we have spent more hours than intended or maybe you were productive and learnt something new.. Anyways this post is so you can actually have a legit reason for being on YouTube. Obviously you have seen a growing trend in YouTube famous celebrities.. I wonder if they will end up doing some YouTube academy awards soon… anyways…
If you have been contemplating in your mind to start your own YouTube Channel but haven’t had the courage to do so… JUST DO IT! Today I decided to compile a list of tips for those who wish to become YouTube FAMOUS with the help of Antonia Antonella! She is a beauty and lifestyle vlogger, currently living in New Zealand with a cute German accent.
1. Define your Audience and know what they want – if you can cater your content to your audience you will be more likely be followed if you are giving them what they want…Also experiment with new things that other YouTube are not doing. Be original but not fake.
2. Consistency – Similar with TV shows people know that Wednesday night 7pm their favorite show is going to come on. If you are consistent you will more likely maintain a close loyal fan base that will support you along your journey. Set a time for them to expect a video posted.. once a week is generally best practice.
3. You don’t need the fanciest equipment but take it pride in your work. Personally I like videos that a better quality, I also like edited videos with fun music have intro, it looks more professional and put together. Also have good lighting, whether you film during the day in front of a window or you get some nice lighting equipment so we can see that beautiful face. Oh and make sure you don’t have too much clutter and mess in the background please. Nice clean backdrop is easy on our eyes so we focus on what you are saying not your pile of clothes and last nights dinner on your bed.
4. Be yourself – Just be you, don’t try to imitate another you-tuber. We can tell if you are fake or not… Just be you you you because only you can be the best you. There is bound to want to follow you because they feel connected to you.
5. SEO YouTube Optimize it – You need to know this stuff to a certain degree, and it’s helpful if you want your videos to get more views and subscribers.
6. Thumbnail Images that catch attention. I generally click on those images that catch my eye with bold headings and titles. So try stick out from the crowd a little by adding this little touch.
Antonia has just begun her YouTube channel dedicated to beauty and makeup and pretty much her lifestyle. She has done such a great job of building her brand image. If you have more questions head over to her channel and ask I am sure she would love to help! Also check her on Twitter: tonixantonella and Instagram: antoniaxantonella.
Now what are you waiting for?? get filming!!!
***Sponsored Post Moolah Tube***
When ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are in the service of your God
We have all walked by a homeless person and lied that we didn’t have change in our pocket. Maybe we have walked by them and felt guilty that we really didn’t have anything to give them. Or we left the $10 bill in our wallet and gave them the $1 bill…Many a time we have been plagued with the stereotypical argument that they just want to use it for drugs and alcohol therefore making us hesitant to want to give freely and with love… But have you ever sat down and spent 5 minutes to hear their story? In my endeavors to being less judgmental I have researched some ways that I can be kinder and open to the homeless and anybody else less fortunate than I.
1. Recognize the bigger picture: We are all beggars one form or another… Whether it’s for love, for time, for food, for money or forgiveness. We are all wanting something from somebody so put ourselves in those shoes of feeling helpless before we make a quick remark, smirk or judgement
2. Educate yourself about them – There are so many reasons why somebody is in the situation they are in. They could have run away from abusive circumstances, they may have a mental illness, somebody who has lost their job. Talk to them and actually find out what they need some may just be in need of attention and a listening ear.
3. Be Kind – A smile or a hello is a kind gesture and can go a long way instead of just ignoring them.
4. Carry something extra – In your car during winter I generally have an extra pair of socks, gloves or a sweater that I am wanting to donate. If you are out and about that could be the best thing to give. If you have a packed lunch maybe you want to put in an extra granola bar or cookies for somebody who may be in need.
5. Volunteer – your time is something so valuable. Whether you go to a homeless shelter and help out or a soup kitchen. I have looked into this many times and they get so many volunteers during the holiday season they actually prefer that you volunteer other times when they need more help.
BONUS – Support Businesses who are trying to make a difference. Moolahtube is trying to do just that, and they are looking for your support. Watch this video to see what this awesome company is trying to do.. especially if you like sharing uploading and making videos and actually getting money for it!
Click here to show Moolahtube your support and fight homelessness!
At first Affirmations just seemed really airy fairy to me. How could just reading sentences help me each day? As I researched further into affirmations I didn’t realize how powerful they were! And that there were so many successful people using affirmations to help them in their everyday life. In general Affirmations are sentences you read daily that will help you align your big Vision of who you are with your daily actions. I knew this is something that I was lacking and I needed.
We all know the saying that we become who we hang around with… But an even more powerful statement is also true “You become who you SAY you are”… (I don’t know who said that but I’m positive it’s out there just google it!) In our daily talk we probably say many negative things about ourselves…. I am OCD, I am a Scatterbrain, I am messy, My thighs are fat, I can’t run, I am all over the show etc…. But little do we realize the more we say these about ourselves the more we become those people! If you really do want to change those behaviours then you need to BEGIN BY FIRST changing your language!!!
I decided I wanted to create my own affirmations, with many areas that I needed to work on I decided to focus in on a few main areas first. Mainly I wanted to work on being a better disciple of Christ a better wife and I wanted to work on getting more confidence with blogging. After a week of repeating my affirmations, I noticed a difference in my work ethic and my relationship with my husband. Although it seems so cliche seeing this but it really does work. I have created this video to explain in a little more detail my process, and the 5 steps I used to creating my affirmations.
It’s the repetition of affirmations that leads to a belief. And once that belief becomes a deep conviction, things begin to happen. – MUHAMMAD ALI
So if you think you need some help on staying focused on your goals!! Get out a pen and paper and take some notes!!! Below are some examples of affirmations you can get inspiration from. Remember create your affirmations one of the many tools to help you uncover the best you that you can be!
I AM BEAUTIFUL INSIDE AND OUT
I AM FILLED WITH MANY TALENTS AND GIFTS
I LIVE IN ABUNDANCE
I FREELY LOVE AND RECEIVE LOVE
I HAVE A HEALTHY BODY AND MIND
MY MARRIAGE IS STRONGER AND HEALTHIER EACH DAY
MY BUSINESS IS GROWING EXPANDING AND THRIVING
I AM FILLED WITH POSITIVITY ABOUT MYSELF AND OTHERS
I AM STRONG AND INDEPENDANT
I AM A MAGNET OF OPPORTUNITY AND WEALTH
The book 7 habits of Highly Effective People written by an awesome author Steven Covey. I was first introduced to this author while at university in one of my marketing classes. His theory of the Time management theory was one of the theories we were learning. When I read about his matrix it really strung a couple of chords with me, being curious at who the author behind this Time Management theory was I googled him and found out he studied at BYU and Utah university and instantly loved him and this theory haha
I went on to read more things from this author and one of his most recognized books is The 7 habits of highly effective people. Today I just wanted to touch on one point in this book. He says imagine being at a funeral, you walk up to the casket and the person you see in there is you. He says imagine what things you would like said about you. Choose three words that you would want for your life to be described?
After reading this section it really made me think deeper than normal. I had to search within myself to figure out WHO I AM.. and know WHAT MY PURPOSE is… I had to evaluate this over a couple of days to choose what would I want people to say about me. After pondering for a bit I decided on these three words…
SERVE: Service is my first word. Ever since I can remember I have always wanted to serve those around me, in my teenage years went through a selfish stage so I am still trying to make a comeback. For me I believe service is my prime reason to why I am here on earth. Whether it’s to serve my children and help them get ready to school to serving a full time mission or doing Humanitarian work in third world countries. I know I have always received the greatest joy whenever I am serving others. So my biggest mission is to serve in anyway I can. I would love to be known as somebody always serving. Obviously the most well known people who served are those as Mother Theresa, or Ghandi but we can do it small ways in our homes and communities.
INSPIRE: I love this word because it just makes me jump. Seeing people get out of their comfort zone and doing something they never thought they could gives me my motivation. Inspiring others is a goal for me because it makes me live in such a way so that I can speak with authenticity. I also love being inspired by people, I get inspired by a people are going through illnesses but still manages to keep a smile on their face. I am inspired by a teenage mother who goes back to school and tries to build a new future for her and her child. I am inspired by people in history who suffered and travelled and fought for their freedoms. To be inspired then To Inspire!
LOVE: Love is all we need. Love is what I desire to be my motivation for all things. Our Saviour loved us he gave His life for us. Everything we do needs to be because of love. If we love God we keep his commandments. Love means I speak kindly and forgive quickly. Love means how many times my kids frustrate me I will always love. Love means being genuine, understanding and putting others ahead of ourselves.
All of these words I know will take a lifetime of work. But I hope to work and develop them each and every day. What are your words? I would love to hear your thoughts and ideas on this topic.
College or University whatever you want to call it! This is a hectic time for those getting ready to get out in there in the Big Bad World. Also a super exciting time. Some things to consider while applying for university or college…
- Do it early.Whether it’s scholarships or your applications. The earlier the better so you don’t have to stress just before you start classes
- Don’t pack on the pounds. Now that your mum doesn’t cook for you and you think you have free reign to eat out for breakfast lunch and dinner. Please don’t make every 1st year’s mistake and eat out at Wendy’s and BK every day.
- Get a job before the semester starts.Usually you will have a few more hours to spare in the first year. Your classes aren’t as difficult especially if you are doing generals. Make use of your time get a job, or experience in the related field.
- Apply for scholarships and grants.Seriously you don’t have to be smart to get one, they have scholarships for all sorts of things, sports, community work, extracurricular, and leadership you name it. You will be surprised how many people avoid doing an essay for an hour or two but would rather work for 200 hours to pay off their college tuition. Come on people!!!
- Just go to class. I know I was supposed to read my textbooks every day, and if I did I am positive I would have gotten better grades. But I was a lazy student and did the bare minimum which was attend every single class. For me just turning up to the class and listening helped me process the information so much better and I didn’t have to even open up my textbook during the semester.
- Create a Portfolio. Through Admitopia you can create a portfolio which will enable you to position yourself ahead of the game. Some colleges are really hard to get into and there is a lot of competition. By creating this professional portfolio it’s a easy way of submitting your information to the different colleges. You can also talk to students and professionals who may give you advice on what to do for your career path.
Do you have experience that you want to share? Or questions in preparing for college! Comment below!